Re: [Condor-users] Notifying Condor Master of shuting down compute nodes

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 02:42:08PM +0100, M?rio Costa wrote:
> Sorry, I mean I'm shutting down the condor on the node in the condor
> administrator acount, and I send the condor_off in the node with out
> arguments, the problem is that the classds are still in the
> negotiator, or in the collector, and the negotiator is using those
> classads to match jobs.
>
> I'm shure that the condor is not running in the node, so when I run
> the condor_off, the collector is notified that the node is no longer
> available ??

When a Condor daemon shuts down, it sends a message to the central
manager asking it to remove the ad for that daemon. Sometimes those updates
get lost or dropped. Ads are removed from the collector after 15 minutes,
so even if the delete request is missed, when no new updates arrive the
old ad will be dropped.

-Erik