Re: [Condor-users] Unable to Flock jobs to a remote sched

First, we should clear up how condor names things. The matching of jobs to
resources in a condor pool is done by the central manager (which is
composed of the negotiator and collector demons). The schedd (short for
scheduler demon) maintains a queue of jobs and asks the central manager to
find resources for its jobs. A condor pool can have many schedds (each
with its own queue of jobs), but only one central manager.

With flocking, your local schedd talks to the remote central manager to
obtain additional resources for its jobs. Although there may be a schedd
running on the same remote machine, it doesn't enter the picture.

Try running condor_status -p remotecentralmanager -schedd. The name of
your local schedd should in the list if it has idle jobs.