Re: [Condor-users] Gang-Matching in condor and MPI

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 12:16:21PM +0100, M?rio Costa wrote:
> Hi, Can any tell-me if gang-matching is going to be added to condor in
> a near future ?

Not anytime soon.

> I needed to specify that a parallel job (MPI), for example that
> requires 4 processors should use 2 processors in a condor pool, and
> other 2 in another condor poll that are connected by flocking ...

As of 6.7.5, you are able to specify different requirements for different
nodes in an MPI job. They all still must be bound to one dedicated
scheduler, you cannot split an MPI job across pools.

If you desperately wanted to, you could submit 4 jobs that were 'sshd'
or something similar that would let you run jobs underneath them. (In
fact, what I would probably do is submit condor_startds, ala glide-in,
that are pre-configured to join another dedicated scheduler. That way
you could build an virtual, overlay pool and then use the dedicated
scheduler to run MPI jobs. Of course, the "dedicated" in dedicated
scheduler means that it doesn't expect jobs to be preempted, so if
your glide-in gets preempted everything falls apart...)

-Erik