Re: [Condor-users] Absolute and relative paths on Windows.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:12:12 -0000, Sanjay Vivek <smv99r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jaime,
>
> I've tried this before whereby Ifrf.exe is in C:\Program Files\isis\bin
> while combine.ipf is in C:\ENKF\parameter. The submit file for this is
> defined below. I'm on a Windows machine so would the "../../.." be defined
> in a different way? It really does seem pretty simple but nothing seems to
> work! Would it make any difference if the output from running Ifrf.exe are a
> bunch of actual files and not some textual input? The output files would
> eventually end up in C:\ENKF\parameter as well. Thanks again.
>
> executable       = Ifrf.exe
> universe         = vanilla
> transfer_input_files    = ../../../ENKF/parameter/combine.ipf
> when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT
> arguments        = combine.ipf
> output           = test.out
> error            = test.error
> log              = test.log
> queue

I suggest, at least for testing, you stop trying to muck round with
the paths and create a new directory foo from which to run your jobs.

In that dir copy your executable and your input file.

Submit from this directory and see if it works - if so great, if not
time to start looking at the underlying problem.

Note that if you are submitting several jobs from the same directory
then you should ensure all the output files (including std in and std
err have different names or they will overwrite each other)

Matt