Re: [Condor-users] Re: split processors among multiple jobs

ok i see what is happening..by using priority = -$(Process) all the frames in each job ina cluster are being given an order in which to be computed...

What is really needed is teh ability to assign a priority to the cluster..and if two clusters have the same priority then each cluster will get some cpus.

the method below does split cpus between all clusters that a user submits but it does it in a nonintelligent fashion..for example..if i submit cluster A & B at teh same time then the cpus will be split..but, if i enter a new cluster C five minutes after A & B..then the cpus will all go to cluster C until it's jobs have reached teh same process number as A or B.

What would be nice is if we could have the option to assign priorities to clusters and have condor use that priority to decide what percent of resources should go to that cluster. that way even if a cluster is submitted 5 minutes later..it will not suck up all the resources.

JW

Jaime Frey wrote:

All four jobs will get matched to machines in the same negotiation cycle.
Within the negotiation cycle, first one user's jobs are matched one at a
time, then the other user's jobs.