Re: [Condor-users] Mixed setup?

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:32:57 +0100, Steffen Grunewald
<steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a load of machines running Condor 6.4.7 (which I cannot upgrade too
> easily since they're busy), and a submit machine with 6.7.3 installed.
> Would it be possible to use the new DAG features that have been introduced
> in the early 6.6 series without modifications to the pool, or would I have
> to wait for the machines to become idle and upgrade them?
> >From my understanding, DAG functionality is located on the submit machine
> only - thus it should be sufficient to have it running at a recent version
> - or am I simply wrong?

Entirely unrelated to the mixed setup but taking up your other point
about waiting for them to become free it would be interesting to see
if you could submit a job which was cabable of upgrading the condor
install on the machine it ran on...

The job would require either "on error remove" or the ability to spot
that it had successfully run once already and exit nicely since it
would almost certainly be unable to complete properly if it restarts
the starter/startd.

Be nice to be able to submit a bunch of jobs as nice and see them roll
out merrily across the farm...smp machine would be a pain :¬(

You'd probably have to submit a job which dropped down to local
admin/root to do it though.

Matt