Re: [Condor-users] condor_status taking ages to report

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:52:43 +0000, Dr Ian C. Smith
<i.c.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had a Condor pool working fine now for several months
> but after making a small change to the condor_config
> on the central manager condor_status and condor_q -global
> are taking now taking over five minutes to respond (if at all !).
>
> The manager is running condor 6.6.5 on a Sun-Blade-1000
> with solaris 8. We have around 100 Wintel execute hosts in the pool
> The load average is < 0.1 so I don't see this as a problem.
> The condor_collector has been taking upto ~ 500 MB of memory
> which seems a huge amount and makes me suspect a memory leak.
> Any one else seen anything similar ?
>
> Any help on this would be very much appreciated !

perhaps an indication of what the small change you made was would be useful...

Note that condor_q -global is a BAD thing to do, especially if your
pool is running slowly since it locks the schedd on your version
slowing down negotiation/job starting/preemptions etc tec.

The collector sounds like it is far too much (hav you tried restarting
it?) you haven't accidentally upped the number of startds running per
machine or added some horrifically large value to all classads have
you?

Matt