Re: [Condor-users] multiple users submitting jobs

Hey,Matt

First of all, thank you very much.

I know what you mean, maybe my illustration is unclear.
As we know, in grid enviroment, users submit jobs to Condor-G, and we use Condor-G to submit them to globus gatekeeper, and then to jobmanager.But my doubt is when Condor-G submit jobs to globus resources, how many jobs are submitted once? Could It send hundreds of jobs to globus resource in one submission?How does it do?

Matt Hope <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:37:08 -0800, Oliver Hotz wrote:
> Hey guys.. we have one master server...and two submitter machines
>
> Both machines can submit jobs (different users on each machine), and
> they will go through just fine.
>
> However, If machine 1 submits a job, and machine 2 submits a job right
> after, condor waits till the machine 1 is finished with its job.. then,
> the job from machine 2 will pick up..
>
> if they are different users, aren`t they supposed to be able to run at
> the same time and split the resources in half ?

How many execute machines are there in this pool? you can't split 1
into half and half, but 4 into 2 works fine...

Assuming that you do indeed have multiple execute machines then it
then depends on whether or not you allow preemption ! in your pool and
what conditions exist on it (and then whether or not you have
retirement periods...)

Matt