Re: [Condor-users] multiple users submitting jobs

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:37:08 -0800, Oliver Hotz <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys.. we have one master server...and two submitter machines
>
> Both machines can submit jobs (different users on each machine), and
> they will go through just fine.
>
> However, If machine 1 submits a job, and machine 2 submits a job right
> after, condor waits till the machine 1 is finished with its job.. then,
> the job from machine 2 will pick up..
>
> if they are different users, aren`t they supposed to be able to run at
> the same time and split the resources in half ?

How many execute machines are there in this pool? you can't split 1
into half and half, but 4 into 2 works fine...

Assuming that you do indeed have multiple execute machines then it
then depends on whether or not you allow preemption in your pool and
what conditions exist on it (and then whether or not you have
retirement periods...)

Matt