[Condor-users] Job submission - generic user GUI available?

Hello,

We are setting up a Linux-based Condor server which will utilise Linux
PC's/clients around our site. However, our site users are mainly MS-
Windows users. Whilst initially the service will be for the unix/linux
users, I am wondering how we can provide some form of generic user
interface for all our users?

Asking a linux user to create a text file to control their condor job is
not a problem, but asking them to understand what the file must contain
(the submit description file) is not going to work too well. They will
either need to read the Condor users manual or we will have to provide a
bunch of instructions on what they should put into the file.

My question is really how do other sites allow users to submit jobs to
condor? Our condor server does not have any user accounts and there is
no intention to provide any, so we also need to think about how to get
the output back to the user. The jobs being submitted could basically be
anything.

Is there any sort of GUI available by which a user can submit a simple
job to condor - e.g. the executable and input/output file names?

Many thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839