RE: [Condor-users] Firewall Problems with Condor after reboot

Hi Thomas,
          It is not perfect, but our Labs machines suffer from this. We
have a scheduled task which runs every day to stop and start the condor
services. I think this is fixed in the latest condor versions.
Kevan

Hi,

We noticed a strange problem with the Windows-Firewall and Condor at our
pool. Every Condor-Client with Windows XP or Windows Swerver 2003 with
active Firewall works fine until the client is rebootet. After the
reboot, the Firewall blocks every network-communication from Condor. To
make this client work correct again, we have to restart the
Condor-Service by hand on the affected machines. My guess is, that the
problem must be in the starting order of the Windows Services. So I
configured the registry in that way, that the condor-service has to wait
for the firewall-service to start up, but this didn't help anything.

Did anybody saw the same behaviour or does anybody has an idea how to
solve this problem?

Thanks,
Thomas