RE: [Condor-users] Failed to create cluster?

> From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of Chris Miles
>
> I can submit jobs fine under the user who is running the condor
services
> but if I try to submit under any other user I get the following error
> message:
>
> ERROR: Failed to create cluster

> From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of Cathy Pfister
>
> Can anyone tell me what it means when, on running condor_submit, you
get
> the error "Failed to create cluster"?

Popular question.  This is going to sound really obvious, but this error
occurs when condor_submit asks the schedd for a new cluster number, and
fails to get one.  (Where a condor job is numbered cluster.proc:  job
16.0 has a cluster number of 16 and a proc number of 0.)

The hint here is to look in the SchedLog.  (To find the SchedLog, use
'condor_config_val SCHEDD_LOG'.)  Make sure that D_FULLDEBUG is turned
on for your schedd: 'condor_config_val SCHEDD_DEBUG'.  If it isn't,
change SCHEDD_DEBUG to D_FULLDEBUG in your condor config file.  Then
condor_reconfig.

With D_FULLDEBUG on, try again.  Check the SchedLog, and I bet you'll
see something like:

"NewCluser(): OwnerCheck failed\n"

Look just above this error, and tell us what you see.

Mike Yoder
Optena Corporation
Principal Member of Technical Staff
Direct : +1.408.321.9000