Re: [Condor-users] How to not transfer executables

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 12:39:40PM +0800, Olivier Thibaut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm newbie to Condor so this may be a trivial question, sorry :-)
> I'm setting up a queue with machines on 4 different platforms (Windows,
> OSX and 2 different flavors of Linux).
> I managed to set up Condor on a SuSe 9 and submit a job to Maya, but my
> problem is with Condor transfering the executable.
>
> All the machines of the pool are going to have the needed executables in
> their path so I want to have all of the related stuff in my jobs script
> files.
> How to tell Condor not to try transfering the executable but to use the
> one on the destination machine instead ?

transfer_executable = false
copy_to_spool = false

Though you may want to consider transfering a shell script as the executable
that then calls Maya. You can use
STARTD_EXPRS to put things into the machine classad of a mchine, and the
$$() macros in submit files to extract information from the machine ad.

So:

(on the execute machine)
MAYA_LOCATION = /usr/macsox/maya/bin/maya
STARTD_EXPRS = $(STARTD_EXPRS), MAYA_LOCATION

in the submit file:
environment = job_maya_location=$$(MAYA_LOCATION)
executable = job.sh

in job.sh

#!/bin/sh

echo Maya is installed in $job_maya_location
exec $job_maya_location argument1 argument2 argument3

-Erik