Re: [Condor-users] condor pool

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 itpals wrote :
>Hi,
>        I have installed the condor 6.6.9 on two linux machines and on one machines local config file i removed the daemon collector and negotiator from daemon list and CONDOR_HOST=central manager machine address(first machine i treat as central manager).whenever i submit the job from any machine it is executing only on that machine not on both......please can any body tell me that what are the setting required for global and local config files of central manager and submit/execute machines for highly optimized condor pool.................
>thanks in advance

Hi Abhishek,
  The very first mistake you are doing is that, there is no central manager in your pool. For negotiation, condor requires negotiator daemon to be running and to know the states of all the machines, collector daemon. Since you are removing both of it from central manager's local config file, it means corresponding daemons wudn't initialize, which is the root of problems. I would suggest, let it be there in local file, and just change the START, SUSPEND, PREEMPT variable in global config file to TRUE, FALSE, FALSE respectively.

This will resove your problem.

Hey tell me one thing....r u frm rajkot, AITS ??

Regards
Neeraj