Re: [Condor-users] condor pool

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 05:11:37AM -0000, Neeraj Chourasia wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 itpals wrote :
> >Hi,
> >        I have installed the condor 6.6.9 on two linux machines and on one machines local config file i removed the daemon collector and negotiator from daemon list and CONDOR_HOST=central manager machine address(first machine i treat as central manager).whenever i submit the job from any machine it is executing only on that machine not on both......please can any body tell me that what are the setting required for global and local config files of central manager and submit/execute machines for highly optimized condor pool.................
> >thanks in advance
>
> Hi Abhishek,
>   The very first mistake you are doing is that, there is no central manager in your pool.

Though they says they've got jobs running on one machine, so there is probably
a central manager running...

My guess: You're not using file transfer, and you've got FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN
set to be FULL_HOSTNAME. By default, if you don't say to use file transfer,
condor sticks on a requirement to say 'Filesystem_domain = my.filesystem_domain'
or something like that.

Two things to check to see if this is the case:

1. 'condor_q -l' and check the requirements expression

2. 'condor_q -analyze' (or, condor_q -better-analyze for better answers that
take longer)

If this is your problem, either change your filesystem domain so Condor
will run your job (and make sure you've got a common file system!) or use
the file transfer options to condor_submit.

-Erik