Re: [Condor-users] Still Problem Submitting Job

On Oct 14, 2005, at 3:17 PM, Stephen Broughton wrote:

I had purposely not created a condor user because it said in the
installation instructions that it would default to that user is it existed,
but it was preferable to run them as root. So I figured that they would run
as root if I did not have a condor user, instead they ran as daemon :)

If you *started* the daemons as root, then they are running as root. They switch to a non-root user for most of their life, but switch back when they need to. You will not see them with user root when you run ps. Creating a condor user only affects what account the daemons switch to. They're still really running as root.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |