[Condor-users] error while compiling examples

Hi, I installed condor on fc3 with rpm package. I installed the software
with root previlege and also user condor is present in system.
 when I try to compile an example c program I receive the following error,
Can someone throw some light on this :)

[upen@medusa1 tmp]$ condor_compile cc io.c
ERROR: Cannot execute condor_config_val
You must put the directory that contains condor_config_val
in your $PATH for condor_compile to work.
[upen@medusa1 tmp]$ echo $PATH
/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home1/Fluent.Inc/bin:/home/upen/bin:/opt/condor-6.7.12/bin

this .c program is owned by user upen, btw when I compiled as root it did
get compiled, it rejected root to submitthe job.

Thanks
upendra