[Condor-users] condor_compile hangs

I write here in the list because I don't want to make Jean tired of me. :)
When I try to condor_compile the source code of octave (condor_compile make) (it's a big job I know, but I suppose that it's quite sure and without errors!), the system became slow ( and nothing want work, also the mouse has problems ), and it'seems that the compilation starts but don't proceeds (I can't even see the line "LINKING FOR CONDOR:...". I've waited for 3 hours infront of a P4 3000 with 512MB of RAM, without any progress further the first and the second line... ). Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.