Re: [Condor-users] 6.7.10, DAGs and windows

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, DeVoil, Peter wrote:

> I have (my first) DAG job giving some curious errors. It submits a node
> (the second), thinks it failed, and tries again 5 times.. But these
> submitted jobs do indeed start, and come back to haunt:

> 9/9 17:11:04 Submitting Condor Job RunApsim ...
> 9/9 17:11:04 submitting: condor_submit  -a "dag_node_name = RunApsim" -a
> "+DAGManJobID = 63" -a "submit_event_notes = DAG Node: RunApsim" -a
> "+DAGParentNodeNames = \"MakeSims\"" RunApsim.dagsub
> 9/9 17:11:04 ERROR: submit failed:
> 	3 job(s) submitted to cluster 65.

It looks like you're submitting more than one job per submit file.
This is a no-no with DAGMan, for exactly the reason that you're running
into.  Yes, we should check for that when we parse the submit files...

How hard is it for you to modify your submit file(s) to only submit
a single job?  If you do that, things should be fine.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team