[Condor-users] Effect of condor_off -peaceful on schedd

We have, in the past, used condor_off -peaceful to shut down a number
of worker nodes in our cluster for maintenance and it has done what
we expected it to do, namely, keep the startd from starting any more
jobs and finish the one that is already running.

My question is--what if we did

condor_off -all -peaceful

on the head node that is, in our configuration, running schedd,
collector, and negotiator?  What would be the result?

It would be nice to get the schedd in a state such that it
would let any currently-running jobs finish, and record that
they had finished, but not let any new ones start.  Would
that be the effect of condor_off -peaceful on a schedd, or would
the effects be totally unpredictable?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team