Re: [Condor-users] Effect of condor_off -peaceful on schedd

Steve,

Currently, for all daemons other than the startd, condor_off -peaceful is equivalent to condor_off -graceful. Therefore, in the case of the schedd, this means that it will force jobs to vacate, which is not what you want. We are planning to improve support for -peaceful shutdown/restart of the schedd, but instead of just waiting for all jobs to finish, we are hoping to take advantage of restartable starter-shadow connections when job_lease_duration is being used. Currently, if you wanted to quickly reboot the schedd and your jobs are using job_lease_duration, you would have to kill -9 the schedd and its shadows, and then restart the schedd, which will then start up shadows to reconnect to the existing jobs that were running. Note, however, that restartable shadow-starter connections do not currently work for jobs that are running in a remote pool via condor flocking--another item on the TODO list.

--Dan