Re: [Condor-users] Condor Job Submission Problem

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 03:46:56PM -0400, Natarajan, Senthil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how to submit the multiple jobs using one job
> description.
>
> I have 50 input files, but I want to submit it using five job
> descriptions, each job description will submit 10  jobs.
>
> I can do this in the job description like this
>
> $(Process).dat
>
> queue10
>
> this will work nicely for the input data 0.dat .... 9.dat
>
> Bu my problem is if I submit the second job description there I need to
> get the input file from 10.dat .... 19.dat
>
> How to do this, how to specify the initial value for $(Process) is 10,
> so that it will use the input files 10.dat .... 19.dat
>
> Similarly in the third job description I want to initial the $(Process)
> value is 20
>

> Please let me know how to do this.

You can't do any arithmetic with condor submit expressions.

You can do something like this:

zeros.$(process).dat
queue 10
teens.($process).dat
queue 10
twenties.$(process).dat
queue 10

or you can do

initialdir = zeros/
$(process).dat
queue 10

initialdir = teens/
$(process).dat
queue 10

Or, you can write a script in a language like perl or python, and have it output your
submit file. Having the full power of perl is almost certainly better than any
langugage we can try to put into condor_submit.

-Erik