Re: [Condor-users] HoW discovery takes place in condor

On Aug 1, 2006, at 12:27 AM, anju sharma wrote:

Please help me to tell that , How CONDOR discover the resources or how it does the resource discovery?
1. Is it using any mechanism or Methods?
2. Any Protocol?
3. Any Algorithms?

The Collector is the information service of Condor. Resources (startds) and job handles (schedds) register themselves with the collector. You can query the collector using condor_status. You can register your own information in the collector using condor_advertise. The Condor manual has more information about how these commands work (www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8).

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |