Re: [Condor-users] Building 2 Machines Condor Pool

just try

$ ps -ef | egrep condor_

will tell whether condor services are running or not... atleast 5 services should be running...
like this...

condor   15880     1  0 12:34 ?        00:00:02 /usr/local/condor/sbin/condor_master
condor   15881 15880  0 12:34 ?        00:00:00 condor_collector -f
condor   15882 15880  0 12:34 ?        00:00:05 condor_startd -f
condor   15883 15880  0 12:34 ?        00:00:01 condor_schedd -f
condor   15884 15880  0 12:34 ?        00:00:00 condor_negotiator -f

if not.. then try
$ /usr/local/condor/sbin/condor_master

probably this will up the services...

i guess it doesnt matter whether u have created a condor user or not... but i have done that... and have not tried the other way... i strictly followed the instruction manual... and done that way... i guess that is better approach.. what say!!!

Pranav