Re: [Condor-users] R script with condor

I've had R working with Windows but not tried UNIX. I'm
assuming that since you've used transfer_input_files you
don't use a shared filesystem for the R installation (and
/opt1 sounds local anyway). In this case I think you need
to transfer the whole R installation to the execute host.
I did this by creating a ZIP file of the full R install tree
and uzipped it inside a .bat file on the execute host.
I also made sure that I ran R inside its bin\ directory
on the execute host using this in the .bat file:

unzip -q R.zip
cd R\R-2.2.0\bin
.\Rterm.exe --no-save --no-restore < ..\..\..\SC1mod3.R >
..\..\..\SC1mod3.R.out

You could do a similar thing with a shell script. Make sure
that you use the DOS only (terminal) version under Windows
if it tries to open a window on the execute hosts a fatal
error is caused and the job will fail.

regards,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith,