[Condor-users] Windows MSI Installer and Config File

Hi all,

I am setting up Condor on a group of Win XP SP2 boxen and recently
discovered the config file settings ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION=FALSE
and WINDOWS_FIREWALL_FAILURE_RETRY=10 (per
https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2005-July/msg00255.shtml)
which are necessary to get any node (Manager or Executor) up and
running.

The manual for Condor 6.8.0 section 6.2.8.4 gives excellent instructions
on using the Windows MSI installer in non-interactive mode but,
unfortunately for me, that installer also starts the Condor service
before completing.  The issue is that without the aforementioned Windows
Firewall config settings, the Condor service will not function nor will
it respond to "net start/stop" commands.

So my question is: can I ask the MSI installer not to start the service
(so I can patch the config file and then start the service myself) or is
there a way to provide a custom config file or config file entries to
the installer?  Is there perhaps a way I could tell the new installation
to use a network config file that has the desired entries?

Thanks in advance,
-mike

Michael Ericson
Consulting Engineer
mericson@xxxxxxxx

Please be aware that, notwithstanding the fact that the person sending
this communication has an address in Bear Stearns' e-mail system, this
person is not an employee, agent or representative of Bear Stearns.
Accordingly, this person has no power or authority to represent, make
any recommendation, solicitation, offer or statements or disclose
information on behalf of or in any way bind Bear Stearns or any of its
affiliates.