Re: [Condor-users] Question concerning BOINC backfill and condor

On 8/17/06, Baggett, Douglas <dbaggett@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok. I set up everything and I'm getting this error in the condor boinc log

8/17 14:15:27 Create_Process: CreateProcess failed, errno=5
8/17 14:15:27 ERROR "Create_Process(D:\Program Files\BOINC\boinc.exe,, ...)
failed" at line 390 in file ..\src\condor_starter
.V6.1\os_proc.C

What is errorno 5? Just a generic "failed process" error or is it something
more specific?

this is the system api's error code for CreateProcess. In this case
Access Denied.
I can't remember if the BOINC stuff runs as the startd user or as the
standard condor-reuse-vmX which runs with almost zero permissions. I
would guess the latter. Does the execute account have access to see
and run this executable?

If you are running windows 2003 note that it has some pretty tight
restrictions out of the box (we had to explicitly expose cmd and set
to the reuse account. I would think Program Files is similarly locked
out too it.

You can fix this by altering the permissions on the files to be
visible to any local account, explicitly available to the reuse ones
(a bit of a pain to manage since they are, by default, dynamically
generated) or (less secure from a condor point of view) change the
accounts to all start as some higher privileged user (Seriously
suggest you go with the first suggestion)

Matt