Re: [Condor-users] executable caching?

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:33:03AM -0700, Michael Thomas wrote:
> I've run into an odd problem with an executable getting cached by condor
> 6.7.18 when it shouldn't.
>
> I have a shell script, called 'miketest.sh', that runs 'printenv' to
> dump the worker node environment.  I have a submit script "miketest.sub"
> that is used to submit the shell script to a remote site via condor-g.
> I submit the script with the command:
>
> condor_submit miketest.sub
>
> The shell script runs fine and returns the output as expected.
>
> Now I modify the shell script so that it prints the current date instead
> of printing the worker node environment.  The name/path of both the
> shell script and submit script remain unchanged.  Only the contents of
> the shell script have changed.  I submit the script again with the same
> condor_submit command.
>
> However this time, the output returns the worker node environment as
> before, not the current date.  It seems that somewhere, condor is
> caching the contents of the shell script and reusing it across submissions.
>
> How can I prevent this caching so that I can submit modifications to my
> shell script?

Nothing in Condor caches executables. Please re-check your submit files
and shell scripts.

If you've submitted a job, the executable is copied to a spool directory at
submit time. If you submit mulitple jobs in a cluster (ie 'queue 100') the
spooled executable is used by default, so editing the executable before
all the jobs have run will not have any effect on jobs remaining to be run.

-Erik