Re: [Condor-users] Windows Installation Woes

The Condor 6.8.2 installer I use lets me choose a different drive after you
click the custom install button.
The default install path [c:\condor] shows up at the bottom with a browse
button on the right hand side.
It has happily let me browse and install to [d:\condor] on 50+ win32 boxes.

So has anyone verified that the installer crashes if the following is not
true:
   SystemDrive=C:
   SystemRoot=C:\WINNT

My suggestion also is to re-install windows so that C: is the system drive.

We install condor on D: because our OS partition  (C:) is small (4Gb) and
we did not want condor
jobs running the OS out of disk space on the headless execute nodes.

Bradford L Hazzard
Senior Software Engineer
Raytheon Systems

             "Cor Cornelisse"
             <ccorneli@xxxxxxx
             l>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  "Condor-Users Mail List"
             condor-users-boun         <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                            cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/12/2006 02:47          Re: [Condor-users] Windows
             AM                        Installation Woes

             Please respond to
             Condor-Users Mail
                   List
             <condor-users@cs.
                 wisc.edu>

Hi,

On nearly every normal PC, Windows would be installed on drive C:, some
people who install Windows them selves forget to unplug the cardreader
during the install. When partitioning windows will see the cardreader as
an already exisiting drive, and thus not let you use drive C (maybe d e
and f to, depending on the number of cardreaders).

My point here, you might get a lot of other problems with having you
windows system directory on an other place than C. I'd suggest you
reinstall windows the proper way, with C being the system drive.

As to the condor windows installation, I don't know if you can change the
installation drive, would be handy though.

Regards,

Cor

> Hi. I've been trying to install Condor 6.8.2 on a new PC (quad-core)
which

--
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Lenin (1870 - 1924)