Re: [Condor-users] Network Bandwidth Problem

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 13:51 +0100, Jens Harting wrote:

> I there any way to limited the bandwidth used by Condor to a fixed rate,
> for example 10MB/s? Or would our problem be solved if I update the cluster
> to a more recent version of Condor?

I don't know when these options were introduced, but my local Condor
6.7.13 configuration allows for the compression of checkpoints:

COMPRESS_PERIODIC_CKPT = True
COMPRESS_VACATE_CKPT = True

This would naturally help reduce the *size* of the checkpoint images
themselves, at the cost of (probably a modest amount of) CPU time on the
batch nodes.

There also appears to exist a SLOW_CKPT_SPEED which would provide
rate-limiting on the checkpoint staging itself:

##  Should we write vacate checkpoints slowly?  If nonzero, this
##  parameter specifies the speed at which vacate checkpoints should
##  be written, in kilobytes per second.
#SLOW_CKPT_SPEED = 0

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London