Re: [Condor-users] Restrict submission from only one submission node, how ?

Since it sounds like you are the Condor administrator, you should be
able to do this by making your machine the only Submit machine:

Submit
    Any machine in your pool (including your Central Manager) can be
configured for whether or not it should allow Condor jobs to be
submitted. The resource requirements for a submit machine are actually
much greater than the resource requirements for an execute machine.
First of all, every job that you submit that is currently running on a
remote machine generates another process on your submit machine. So, if
you have lots of jobs running, you will need a fair amount of swap space
and/or real memory. In addition all the checkpoint files from your jobs
are stored on the local disk of the machine you submit from. Therefore,
if your jobs have a large memory image and you submit a lot of them, you
will need a lot of disk space to hold these files. This disk space
requirement can be somewhat alleviated with a checkpoint server
(described below), however the binaries of the jobs you submit are still
stored on the submit machine.

Ralph Finch, P.E.
Dept. of Water Resources
Bay-Delta Office, Room 215-13