Re: [Condor-users] Limiting user stdout and stderr in condor jobs

If I remember correctly, you have to turn on large file support in your kernel config, in addition to using a filesystem that supports large files. It's been a while since I looked at it, though.

- dave

Bruno Goncalves wrote:
I am using 6.7...

[bgoncalves@underdark sergei]$ condor_version
$CondorVersion: 6.7.13 Nov  7 2005 $
$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RH9 $
[bgoncalves@underdark sergei]$

could this be an NFS thing?

On 1/30/06, *Matt Hope* <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 1/30/06, Bruno Goncalves <bgoncalves@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:bgoncalves@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
     > Is there any preset limit for this? I've been having problems
    with jobs that
     > write more than 2Gb to stdout/stderr. Is this a Condor problem?
    or some
     > filesystem limit (I was under the impression ext3 was good up to
    4Gb/file)?

    are you running 6.6.x?

    if so then you should know that files (or sets of files) > 2Gb are
    totally broken.

    workarounds:-
    1) move to 6.7
    2) make sure you make 4 Gb* of data in separate files of no more than
    1.9Gb each :)
    3) windows vanilla only - ask the condor team nicely they might be
    able to help.
    4) transfer the output separately pre condor write back

    Matt

    * I kid you not, 0-2 4-6 8-10 etc. you get the idea

Bruno Miguel Tavares Goncalves, MS
PhD Candidate
Emory University
Department of Physics