Re: [Condor-users] Virtual Condor on Novell OES Linux

If the job is never even getting started running, then it doesn't matter whether condor_compile worked or not. I think the next step is to understand whether the job is failing to get matched to a machine, failing to claim the machine, failing to execute, or what.

To answer these questions, you can look in several places:

"user log"  (the file specified as the log in the submit file)

In some cases, all of your questions about a job can be answered by looking in the "user log", because it contains a record of many of the events that happen in the life of the job. However, it does not contain all information, so some kinds of problems require looking in the Condor daemon logs:

NegotiatorLog (does the negotiator say it successfully matched the job to a machine?)

StartLog (does the machine show that it is getting claimed by the schedd?)

ShadowLog (is a shadow starting up to manage the job?)

StarterLog (is the starter attempting to run the job?)

--Dan