[Condor-users] Installation problem

 I am using Fedora Core 5 as my OS and am trying to install a personal Condor.

all the checks for PATH show up correct as regards which condor_master and condor_version.

When I execute condor_master all the daemons install except for the Startd daemon. As such I can submit jobs but am unable to run them. They remain idle and never activate.

The condor_startd file is in the sbin directory but does not seem to activate. Why is this and what can I do?

 thanks

Dan Dobie

MSc student

Luton university