Re: [Condor-users] Installation problem

Check the log file for the startd - you may see an
error there - an explanation for failure to startup.

Maybe startd is running for a second & then bombing
out?

--- dan dobie <dandobie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------

 I am using Fedora Core 5 as my OS and am trying to
install a personal Condor.

all the checks for PATH show up correct as regards
which condor_master and condor_version.

When I execute condor_master all the daemons install
except for the Startd daemon. As such I can submit
jobs but am unable to run them. They remain idle and
never activate.

The condor_startd file is in the sbin directory but
does not seem to activate. Why is this and what can I
do?

 thanks

Dan Dobie

MSc student