Re: [Condor-users] Condor-G for multiple Grid Types

Hi,

Using $$(resource_name) works.
But, in general, we have three cases:

1. We allow matching with any grid_type of the
   resource. Then we can use your solution

      grid_resource   = $$(resource_name)

2. We want to match only one grid_type, e.g., a
   gt4 resource. Then we can use:

     grid_resource = gt4 $$(gatekeeper_url) $$(job_manager_type)

3. We have a grid with, say, gt2, gt3, and gt4 resources
   and want the job to use either a gt2 or gt4 resource,
   but not a gt3 resource.
   Then I thought that I could use a job classad where
   I specify either the job's grid_type attribute (as
   in my previous message), or, using grid_resource,

  grid_resource = $$(grid_type) $$(gatekeeper_url) $$(job_manager_type)

  Requirements = ... \
     (TARGET.grid_type =!= UNDEFINED) &&  \
     (TARGET.grid_type =?= "gt2" || TARGET.grid_type =?= "gt4" )

  However, as soon as I insert $$(grid_type) in the matchmaking
  I get an error. For the case

  grid_resource = $$(grid_type) $$(gatekeeper_url) $$(job_manager_type)

  the error is

    HoldReason = "x509userproxy is not set in the job ad"

  while for

    grid_type = $$(grid_type)

  condor_submit rejects the job as described in my previous message.

  So my question is:

    Can $$(grid_type) be used for matchmaking?

  Thank you.
  Gabriel