Re: [Condor-users] PREEMPT

Steve,

PREEMPT is not published in the ClassAd by default, so it is expected that you won't see it there.

However, your use of PREEMPT might not be what you really want. The PREEMPT expression specifies when the startd should preempt the current running job (e.g. because other non-condor activity has higher priority on the machine). Preemption between Condor users is a different matter entirely. There are various policy expressions that can control this behavior, but the chief ones that come to mind are PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS and MaxJobRetirementTime.

Let me know if you need further details to get the policy you want.

--Dan