Re: [Condor-users] Way to check for termination of jobs.

On Mar 2, 2006, at 12:17 AM, Sameer Bahl wrote:

I am currently submitting jobs to a windows based condor pool in a c language program. I want the function submitting the jobs in the program to return only when the jobs have finshed executing. I havent been able to do so. At the moment the function returns as soon as the jobs have been submitted to the pool. Is there a way to check if the jobs submitted by a particular user have finished executing so that i can make the function to wait until then.

Here are a few ways your function can determine the job's status:

* Call condor_q periodically.

* Set 'log' in the submit file and read the resulting user log.

* Use condor_run.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |