Re: [Condor-users] Condor+Matlab Executable in Windows

Jaime Frey wrote:
On Mar 2, 2006, at 10:40 AM, Zoltán Sárosi wrote:

I would like to run my Matlab executable on several windows XP computers.
I compiled my Matlab program with the command:	mcc -m program.m
The executable file still requires many dll-s from Matlab or Matlab Component Runtime directory. How can I set up Condor or the submission file in order to let the executable find these missing dlls? The problem is, that the Matlab or the MCR directory are not always in the same directory on each computer, so it's no use defining a PATH in the submission script. I tried to define the PATH in
the local-config, but I was unable to make it work.
Or how can I compile a matlab program, that all the required dlls are already
included in the executable file?
Any Idea? Thank you!

One option is to have all of your machines advertise whether they have Matlab installed and, if so, where it's located. Then you can write your job requirements to only match machines with Matlab and use $$ substitution to set the proper path.

+--------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |

Another option is to locate the runtime on a shared files system of some sort and use a batch file similar to this to set the path location and start the actual
program.

pistachio.bat:

set PATH=p:\condor\workspaces\matlab\win32\v7.0\v70\runtime\win32
pistachio.exe %1 %2 %3

Then the submit file would be something like this:
universe = vanilla

executable = pistachio.bat

error = pistachio.err

output = pistachio.out

log = pistachio.log

should_transfer_files = YES

when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

arguments = jiqui_exp.txt jiqui_seq.txt barr
Notification = never

transfer_input_files = pistachio.exe,pistachio.ctf,pist_text_data.mat,pistachio_main.c,pistachio_mcc_component_data.c,possible_experiments.txt,jiqui_exp.txt,jiqui_seq.txt,hncacb.peaks,hnco.peaks,hncocacb.peaks,hsqc.peaks,hcconh.peaks,cconh.peaks

queue

Bill Taylor