Re: [Condor-users] howto avoid that a job is being evicted

Harald,

Yes, you are right. The RANK expression sets the preferences of the machine (i.e. what jobs the machine prefers to run). The DEFAULT_RANK expression sets the default preferences of the job (i.e. what machines the job wants to run on). The machine RANK is the one that can cause preemption of jobs unless you adjust other portions of your policy, as described earlier in this thread.

--Dan