[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] condor_submit not respecting umask
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:50:13 -0500
- From: Mitch Murphy <mitch@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] condor_submit not respecting umask
i must run all the condor daemons as non-root. i was lucky enough to
obtain permission to install condor on several machines at school,
there's no way i'd be granted root access to all these machines.
here's the problem ...
- condor daemons run as user condor
- user johndoe call condor_submit from a working directory below /
- users condor and johndoe both have umask 0000
- condor creates jobname.1.0.stderr.out and jobname.1.0.stdout.out
owned by johndoe with permissions -rw-rw-r--
and i get ...
WARNING: File /home/johndoe/test/jobname.1.0.stdout.log is not
writeable by condor.
why does condor insists on creating stderr/stdout files with -rw-rw-
r-- when i've tried so many ways to get -rw-rw-rw- ?
any comments appreciated.