[Condor-users] DedicatedScheduler hogging resources

I'm running MPI under condor 6.6:

DedicatedScheduler holds on to resources even after all MPI jobs have been
removed from the queue - any way to fix this? Or is it an unfortunate
byproduct of mixing parallel and serial jobs on the same set of resources?

Also, my jobs sometimes try to start even when DedicatedScheduler doesn't
have enough resources for them. This causes infinite looping of
unsuccessful job execution, meaning that all the resource time gets
wasted. For example, my job requests 8 machines, but only 7 are available.
Somehow, Condor tries to execute the job anyway, but because there aren't
enough resources, it doesn't run. Solutions?

Thanks for all your comments,

Rok