Re: [Condor-users] condor status

On Thursday 16 March 2006 9:49 am, hicham rahaliii wrote:
> i have in my condor pool 5 machines all of them have a condor 6.6.10
> but when i run condor_status i see no machine
> what can i do ?

Sigh, this should be in a FAQ.

There are a lot of things that could be causing this...  Here's a quick check
list on where to start:

1. Is condor actually running on these machines (try: "ps auxww|grep
condor_" )?

2. Is condor_collector running on your central manager (again, verify with
"ps").  I suspect that it is because you'd have seen an error from
condor_status otherwise...

3. Is condor_startd running on the pool machines?
If not:
  a) Check DAEMON_LIST
  b) Look in StartLog
  c) Look in MasterLog

4. Is CONDOR_HOST set properly on the pool machines?
  a) condor_config_val CONDOR_HOST
  b) Look in StartLog

> think for your help......

Hopefully, this will be enough to get you started

-Nick

--
           <<< Why, oh, why, didn't I take the blue pill? >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project