Re: [Condor-users] intel amd binaries : how to submit ?

Yes, thats true...

coz in my lab there are 2 64 bit AMD processors and 2 32 bit AMD processors( im not sure if they are opteron or athlon or some other amd chip version)...

the 2 64 bit machines are listed as x86 _64 while the 2 32 bit amd machines are listed as INTEL in the output of condor_status command.

sirish

Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

AMD opteron machines only show up as X86_64 if you
are running the 64 bit kernel, else they register as intel.
As far as I know that's the only hook that condor has got, relying
on the output of uname. If you wanted fancier architectures I think
you would have to do something in the classad.

As you say, there's always the good old shell script trick,
/proc/cpuinfo should tell ! all you need to know.

Steve