Re: [Condor-users] Newbie question about Perl programs

Thanks for the additional info.  Is it fair to say, then, that for
technical reasons, only .bat and .exe files can be submitted to condor
as executables in a Vanilla Windows environment?

>This association s likely a per user setting on the machine. you may
>not be able to set it for the executing user easily.

Oddly, the batch file I submitted that did work *was* able to call the
program as an executable.  (I'm not arguing the point, just making an
observation.  My ignorace about OS inner workings is monumental.)  I'm
eager to try adding a Linux machine to my pool.  Maybe I can use it to
convince the powers that be to start buying more of them.