Re: [Condor-users] Newbie Question on Submitting jobs to Condor

On Mar 22, 2006, at 10:17 PM, Shiv wrote:

> What *are* the requirements of the machines?

I am not sure if I understood this correctly. I don't think the machines have any requirements. It just needs to run "echo Hello World". All the machines in the cluster run on Windows 2000.

In Condor, machines pick which jobs they're willing to run, just like jobs pick which machines they're willing to run on. Matching a job to a machine is bi-lateral. That is, the requirements of both much be satisfied. condor_q -analyze is telling you that none of the machines are willing to run your job. This is expressed in the 'Requirements' expression you see in condor_status -l.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |