Re: [Condor-users] Condor -version results differ from condor_status display on WinXP sp2

On 3/27/06, Mark Van De Vyver <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have condor installed on two WinXPsp2 machines - latest patches.
> When I run condor -version I get:
>
> $CondorVersion: 6.6.10 Jun 22 2005 $
> $CondorPlatform: INTEL-WINNT50 $

This is a compiled in string; for example on my 6.6.8 install

$ strings condor_master.exe | grep WINNT
$CondorPlatform: INTEL-WINNT40 $
WINNT%d%d

That last one is almost certainly the bit that deals with the response
to condor_status

> The relevant part of the table dispayed by condor_status shows:
>
> OpSys       Arch
>
> WINNT51     INTEL
> WINNT51     INTEL

No big deal - but it is worth knowing that the CondorPlatform string
is never a good thing to rely on (for example custom builds often have
additional info in here )

Matt