Re: [Condor-users] Communication between Condor Jobs

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently performing some feasibility analysis for a project idea
> that would involve the use of Condor. The main sticking point at the
> minute is that ideally we would like to have two jobs communicate with
> one another I.e. A user submits a job that consists of a server and a
> client. The server is deployed onto one resource and the client on
> another, and for the duration of the job these two can communicate.
> >From my reading so far, I believe that this is not possible on
Condor,
> or is possible but only in a very limited fashion using the MPI
> Universe.

AFAIK the Master Worker project (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/mw/) does
exactly this. With very little in the way of limitations. You would
submit your master as a job to Condor and once it was running it would
know how to use the system to spawn workers at other nodes.

You could roll your own if that doesn't meet your needs.  But I'd check
out MW first though as going it alone seems fraught with peril.

- Ian