Re: [Condor-users] rendered image output problem

On 5/9/06, Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:29:41PM -0700, James Mcglade wrote:
> Hey
>
> I just got condor to render out some frames with
> blender, using 2 windows xp service pack 2 machines.
>
> The problem that i am having is the frames (jpg files)
> that are rendered out are "lost" after the job
> finishes, i would expect them to be copied back to the
> location of the .sub file, but it seems this is not
> the case.

Erik's advice on writing to root of working dir will solve this

- write to a shared filesystem

On this front I should point out that the reason your attempt to use a
share failed is because when you jobs run they run as a user with
almost no privileges - certainly it has no domain membership so any
attempt to access anything on the network will fail unless you provide
the credentials yourself

there are suggestions on this here:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/6_2Microsoft_Windows.html#sec:network-files-solutions

note that the latest 6.7 series (and therefore most likely 6.8) will
include the run as submitting user infrastructure as part of the
standard package for windows.

Matt