[Condor-users] Compiling povray for the standard universe

Has anyone succeeded in compiling povray for Condor's
standard universe?  I'm on a system that does not
allow commands like "condor_compile make ..." so
instead I've tried redefining CC, CPP, LD, etc. to the
"condor_compile ..."  equivalents both through the
./configure utility and environment variables.  The
final linking fails.  Any hints?

Thanks,
-js